NTUC car insurance (Drivo) is a motor insurance offered by NTUC. It provides coverage for loss or damage to the insured’s vehicle and its accessories caused by:
- accidental collision or overturning;
- fire, external explosion, self-ignition, lightning, burglary, housebreaking, theft or being hit by a falling object;
- a malicious act;
- strike, riot or civil commotion; or
- flood, typhoon, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake or other natural disasters.
There are four options for this plan. They are Drivo Premium, Drivo Classic, Third Party Fire & Theft and Third Party Only. For Drivo Premium, all accidental repairs can be done at insured’s preferred workshop. For Drivo Classic, all accidental repairs are to be done at NTUC’s authorised workshop.
Pros of NTUC car insurance (Drivo)
- It is very cost-friendly to drivers with accidental claims. Most insurers in Singapore will take into consideration of the accidental claim(s) for the last 3 years when computing the insurance premium. As a result, the premium is usually more expensive. For NTUC car insurance, it only takes into premium consideration of the accidental claim for the last 1 year. Hence, the premium is very competitive for drivers who had an accident claims 2 to 3 years ago. Nevertheless, do note that NTUC underwriters will still require the car owner to declare the accident claim amount for the last 3 years
- The Orange Force is NTUC car insurance’s 24/7 accident response team. It helps policyholders who are often in a state of stress and anxiety after an accident by arriving at accident scenes to render help. The Orange Force accident hotline is 67895000
Cons of NTUC car insurance (Drivo)
- It may not be the most price competitive for some car models.
Finding the most competitive car insurance
There is no generalisation which company gives the most competitive car insurance rate. This is because some company may specialise in continental cars while others may have better rates for higher cc class. Hence, it is best to get quotations a few insurers to obtain quotes with a competitive car insurance premium.