AXA car insurance (SmartDrive) is a motor insurance offered by AXA. It provides coverage for loss or damage to the insured’s vehicle and its accessories caused by:
- accidental collision or overturning;
- fire, external explosion, self-ignition, lightning, burglary, housebreaking, theft or being hit by a falling object;
- a malicious act;
- strike, riot or civil commotion; or
- flood, typhoon, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake or other natural disasters.
Pros of AXA car insurance (SmartDrive)
- It is very cost-friendly to drivers with a minor accidental claim. Most insurers in Singapore will take into consideration of the accidental claim(s) for the last 3 years when computing the insurance premium. As a result, the premium is usually more expensive. For AXA car insurance, it does not take into premium consideration of the accidental claim if the claim amount is less than S$10,000. Hence, the premium is very competitive for drivers who had a small accident claim. Nevertheless, do note that AXA underwriters will still require the car owner to declare the accident claim amount for the last 3 years.
- It has competitive pricing for a continental car (non-high performance) based on our experience.
Cons of AXA car insurance (SmartDrive)
- Too many options that clients may get confused.
- It may not be the most price competitive for some car models.