AXA car insurance (SmartDrive) is a motor insurance offered by AXA. It provides coverage for loss or damage to insured’s vehicle and its accessories caused by:
- accidental collision or overturning;
- fire, external explosion, self-ignition, lightning, burglary, housebreaking, theft or being hit by a falling object;
- a malicious act;
- strike, riot or civil commotion; or
- flood, typhoon, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake or other natural disaster.
There are 7 options of this plan and the picture below will show the different coverage under each option.
image is taken from axa.com.sg
Pros of AXA car insurance (SmartDrive)
- It is very cost friendly to drivers with minor accidental claim. Most insurers in Singapore will take into consideration of the accidental claim(s) for the last 3 years when computing the insurance premium. As a result, the premium is usually more expensive. For AXA car insurance, it does not take into premium consideration of the accidental claim if the claim amount is less than S$10,000. Hence, the premium is very competitive for drivers who had small accident claim. Nevertheless, do note that AXA underwriters will still require the car owner to declare the accident claim amount for the last 3 years.
- It has competitive pricing for continental car (non high performance) based on our experience.
Cons of AXA car insurance (SmartDrive)
- Too many options that clients may get confused.
- It may not be the most price competitive for some car models.
We will get back to you within the next two working days for most cases. The turnaround time may be longer for high-performance vehicle or cars with high claims history.